A nationally and internationally recognised institution that develops quality curriculum and instructional materials for pre-primary, primary and secondary education levels in Lesotho; offer consultancy services in designing and developing educational programmes and instructional materials and conducting curriculum evaluation at both regional and international levels.
NCDC is an integral part of the Ministry of Education (MOE) responsible for fulfilling the grand aim of providing relevant and quality education by designing and developing suitable curriculum in both pre-primary, primary and secondary levels of education. The Centre ensures that the curriculum development, is accompanied by relevant and quality materials to ensure the effective implementation of the curriculum. It also recognises curriculum development process as a pre-requisite for ensuring relevant and quality education.
In order to provide appropriate curricula for schools NCDC has the following objectives
- Develop suitable curricula and instructional materials to meet the needs of Basotho nation;
- disseminate curricula and instructional materials to schools;
- devise an evaluation system for curriculum activities and for assessment of student’s learning
- collaborate with other institutions on matters related to curriculum;
- provide consultancy services on curriculum related issues and instructional materials’ development;
- advice the Minister on policy issues related to curriculum.